The finest 2.5 inch
drive for your PowerBook, MacBookPro, MacBook or portable drive enclosure.
This is the most reliable and best performing
5400 and 7200 rpm drive to be had anywhere. Seagate's Momentus drive
delivers blazing performance at the lowest battery usage possible. 50% faster
4200 rpm drives. Nearly silent, the SoftSonic FDB motor is virtually inaudible,
even during access.
Seagate Momentus drives deliver: performance, reliability and acoustics. The
ATA versions of these drives work exceptionally well
in iBooks and PowerBooks, however, Seagate has discontinued all ATA model production.
these drives are the perfect upgrade or replacement in all current MacBooks,
or Mac Mini. Please check your system specifications in Apple System
Profiler to be certain of drive bus before ordering.
MacGurus highly recommends these
industry leading drives for their perfomance, reliability and low
These are the best drives for these purposes on the market today.
Seagate's G-Protected drive has a lighter head and better
lock down for the head to protect from shocks like drops and impacts. This
protection for the
first time extends to drive head crashes from impact even when the
drive is spinning.
- QuietStep ramp load technology provides additional
protection against shock while delivering whisper-quiet
- G-Force Protection guards the drive against nonoperating
shock and prevents damage to the motor, heads,
head-arm, clamp and discs during shipping, handling
and daily operation.
- ECC (error-correction code) performs fast on-the-fly
data validation and error checking for reliable data
storage and retrieval.
- Safe Sparing ensures data is not compromised by
reserving spare sectors on a drive and substituting
them if defects are detected in other sectors.
- CBDS (continuous background defect scanning)
proactively identifies and eliminates defects.
- SeaTools Suite diagnostic software is designed to
reduce drive returns, decrease drive repair costs
and protect data.
- Web-based tools enable users to identify and solve
common system-related issues.
- Enhanced S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and
Reporting Technology) predicts and prevents problems
transparently before they affect the end user.
- NDST (Enhanced Drive Self-Test) reduces